A common question people have when evicting tenants is what to do when one tenant is on the lease and the other tenants are not.  This is actually a relatively easy thing to handle.

A landlord must serve a “Prejudgment Claim of Right to Possession” form with the eviction complaint (also known as a “complaint for unlawful detainer”).  You can find a copy of it here.

Have the process server serve this blank form along with the papers.  If it is not filled out and filed with the clerk, then the judgment granted by the court will include anyone in the house.

Wallace Francis offers eviction services in Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, Petaluma, Windsor, Healdsburg, Sonoma, as well as Mendocino County, Solano County, Marin County, Contra Costa County, Alameda County, Lake County and Napa County.